Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From the MDC kitchen to yours.
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 5 ounces crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- Heat mushroom soup and cream cheese, stir until smooth.
- Add gelatin to cold water and soften 5 minutes.
- Add gelatin mixture to soup mixture.
- Add celery, onion, mayonnaise, crabmeat and curry powder, mixing well.
- Pour into 4-cup cold mold (oil or spray mold with Pam before).
- Chill overnight.
- Unmold onto serving plate and decorate with sprigs of parsley.
- Serve with crackers.
I love crab mousse! I have made this at least a dozen times and it's great with Carr's Table Water Crackers. This is a great one for parties. I have made the recipe as stated but I have not added the curry powder in the past; I will try it with the curry next time. Thanks for posting, salvador1709, this is one to save!
I make make this all the time, but instead of cream of mushroom soup. I use cream of celery.
This is the exact same recipe as my grandmother makes. Every year she makes me one for just me. My favorite Christmas recipe. Even over sweets! :-)