Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Different from the other three posted on Zaar this one comes from The Popular Potato which are used in this recipe as a topping for the dish.
Top Review by Peter J
Wonderful! Great and creamy but nicely balanced by the potato and green onions. Both myself and my girlfriend loved it, one of those dishes that is is sure to suit a wide variety of tastes even if you normally find mornay a little rich.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lb canned crabmeat, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 1 dash milk, for mashing
- grated cheese, to taste
- 6 slices lemon and chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan and fry green onions until soft. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat source and add milk, wine, and mustard. Return to heat source and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add crabmeat and cream.
- Spoon mixture into six individual gratin dishes, or if you prefer, in a large baking dish.
- Mash the potatoes with milk and butter and spread evenly over crab mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Brown under broiler and garnish with lemon slices and parsley.