Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Different from the other three posted on Zaar this one comes from The Popular Potato which are used in this recipe as a topping for the dish.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lb canned crabmeat, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 1 dash milk, for mashing
- grated cheese, to taste
- 6 slices lemon and chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan and fry green onions until soft. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat source and add milk, wine, and mustard. Return to heat source and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add crabmeat and cream.
- Spoon mixture into six individual gratin dishes, or if you prefer, in a large baking dish.
- Mash the potatoes with milk and butter and spread evenly over crab mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Brown under broiler and garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
Wonderful! Great and creamy but nicely balanced by the potato and green onions. Both myself and my girlfriend loved it, one of those dishes that is is sure to suit a wide variety of tastes even if you normally find mornay a little rich.