Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cook at the school where I teach first made this and brought it in at Christmas time many years ago. The cook is long gone, but her crab mold is still around and everyone loves it! It's become a school tradition.
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons knox gelatin
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Mix first five ingredients together.
- Heat soup and cream cheese together until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat, leg stand 5 minutes.
- Stir into crab mixture.
- Dissolve gelatine in water; stir into mixture.
- Pour into mold.
- Chill at least 4 or 5 hours.