Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package crabmeat
- 1⁄4 lb jarlsberg cheese or 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup pitted ripe olives, Sliced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 30 pieces melba toast
- rosemary or 1 sprig watercress
- ABOUT 30 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING OR EARLY IN DAY: Chop crabmeat.
- In small bowl, with fork, mix crabmeat, cheese, mayonnaise, dry mustard, and 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper.
- Spread 1 heaping teaspoon crabmeat mixture on each Melba toast round.
- Place on cookie sheets; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper.
- If not serving right away, cover and refrigerate.
- ABOUT 15 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING: Preheat broiler if manuafcturer directs.
- Broil canapes about 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Top each canape with a slice of ripe olive.
- Arrange canapes and garnish on platter; serve immediately