Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This one uses Old English Cheese Spread and I make it often, matter of fact I always have these in the freezer for a quick lunch.
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, flaked
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) jar Kraft Old English cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 split English muffins
- Mix first 6 ingredients and divide among the split English muffins.
- Freeze at least 30 minutes before serving. When ready broil until bubbly and golden, about 5 minutes.
- These will keep 3 months in the freezer. I pack them up in sets of two for easy quick lunches.
I scaled this back for 2 ounces of fresh crabmeat and then followed through serving on 2 slices of wholemeal/wholegrain toasted bread and oh it was delicious but oh so rich and it was an (enjoyable) struggle getting through it. Will make again but cut back to 1 slice and serve with a salad for a complete meal. Thank you Julie B's Hive for a great recipe to try on our holiday in crab heaven (we were catching 10 to 30 blue swimmers a day and the MIL and I made full use of them.
I have been making these same things for several years and have given the recipe to almost everyone who has tried them. My 5 grandsons, ages 4 to 11 have renamed them "Crabbie Patties!" Obviously one of their favorites!