Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from Princess Cruises and has been served onboard their ships. The times do not include chilling times. Dish should be served well chilled.
- Place the crabmeat into a medium bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper.
- Pour about two-thirds of the lemon dressing over the crabmeat and toss lightly until combined. Add melon balls and apple. Check the seasoning and adjust as needed. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill.
- Remove the zest from the two lemons and cut into fine julienne strips. Place in a small saucepan and add cold water to cover. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and drain the zest.
- Return the zest to the saucepan and again add cold water to cover. Bring to a boil again. Remove from heat and drain. Plunge zest into ice water. Drain thoroughly.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon crab mixture into chilled individual serving dishes and garnish with lemon confit.