1/3 Photos of Crab Meat Stuffed Shrimp
If I want to REALLY impress, this is a party appetizer that always works! Need romance? Serve a couple with Filet Mignon for Surf-n-Turf - it doesn't get much better than this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- soft breadcrumbs, equal to a hamburger bun
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lb lump crabmeat (best available)
- 1 lb med to large shrimp (Royal Reds are best)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Peel shrimp leaving tails and slice down middle deveining as you go.
- 2Lay on greased cookie sheet to form a circle with the tail pointing up.
- 3(Fan the tail out for beauty and handle) Mix first 7 ingredients and gently fold into crabmeat.
- 4Place a spoonful of crabmeat mixture on top of the circle.
- 5Top with fresh parmesan (optional) Place cookie sheet in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes, remove with spatula to serving tray, Serve immediately.
- 6Also, try stuffing mushrooms which only take 10-15 minutes in the oven, same temp.
- 7To prepare for a party, prepare trays, cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator, then just place in oven when ready and serve in 15 minutes!
- 8Having medium shrimp saves money and makes more of a finger-food size.
- 9I've made extra and frozen some to be used as side dishes.
- 10If you can't get seafood where you live, you can order all supplies from a seafood place in Florida- Joe Patti's Seafood online.
- 11Even mid-westerners can enjoy a special fresh seafood treat.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Meat Stuffed Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (840 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.9
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 79.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 6.4 g