Recipe by mollypaul
Absolutely full of flavor. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 1⁄2 cups crabmeat
- parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice in boiling salted water until tender; drain well and keep hot.
- Melt butter; blend in flour and add cream or evaporated milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add seasonings, sherry and crab meat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season rice, spread on a hot platter, cover with creamed crab meat and garnish with parsley.