Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is an easy appetizer you can do ahead. Keep the mixture refrigerated until ready to use. I sometimes have the crab meat already spread on the muffins then when my guests arrive, all I have to do is pop it in the broiler!
- 6 English muffins, split
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 (5 ounce) jarkraft old English cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 dash garlic salt
- Mix together crab meat, cheese, butter, Miracle Whip, and garlic salt.
- Cut muffins into fourths.
- Spread mixture on muffins and broil til lightly toasted.
I have been making these for 30 years. The only thing I do differently is cut the butter in half.
These are so tasty. I did broil them before I cut them (I didn't read the directions right) but I don't think that affected anything. They were still delicious. They were so easy to assemble and all of my guest enjoyed them, even one that said she doesn't like crab. The women seemed to like these more than the men, but not one person complained. I entertain a lot and will absolutely make these again. Thanks for the great appetizer!