Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious Crab dish with bread crumb topping
- 1 -2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pimiento, finely chopped
- 2 lbs lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in skillet over low heat.
- Add flour and whisk together to make a roux.
- Cook roux, whisking constantly over low heat until golden brown.
- Add milk, whisking constantly, until well blended.
- Add celery and mushrooms, parsley, green onions and pimentos.
- Cook until vegetables are translucent, then carefully fold-in crab meat, being careful not to break it up too much.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour mixture into individual baking dishes and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350-degrees until bread crumbs are golden brown and mixture is heated through.