Recipe by Caryn
My mom has made this for me as long as I can remember. As kids, I remember my sisters and I going through lots of toasted bread to get every drop of the dish.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 2⁄3 cups milk
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- sliced sandwich bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend butter, flour, and salt; gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Stir in crab meat and onions.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Pour into 4 to 6 Au Gratin dishes.
- Toast and butter bread.
- Cut each piece into 4 triangles.
- Place 4 to 6 pieces of toast into each dish (arrange around the edge of the dish) to use for dipping.