Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 can mushroom, drained (small)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups light cream
- 2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine or 1⁄2 cup vermouth, dry
- cayenne pepper
- 1 lb white crab meat or 1 lb shrimp
- Melt butter in heavy saucepot.
- Saute vegetables until soft.
- Blend in flour and add cream.
- Heat until thickened.
- Add cheese and heat until it has melted.
- Add wine, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Fold in crab meat or shrimp.
- Heat gently for 8 to 10 minutes
- Serve with french bread or in patty shells
This was SO delicious and easy, too. I've had similiar food in expensive seafood restaurants! I think it would be great in a patti shell, but did not have that. I served it in a real sea shell. Also had fresh asparagus and crusty French bread.
This recipe is simple and delicious! I varied it a bit though, using regular yellow onion instead of green onions, and I omitted the cheese ( the last seafood thing I added cheese to was a disappointment, so I didn't want the same result with this). I also added about a teaspoon of Old Bay, and another teaspoon of Emeril's Essence, just to kick up the flavors. But overall, this was very good. I used a multigain loaf of french style bread, sliced thick, and toasted until crisp. I saved this to my cookbook, and will make it again! Thanks for posting!