Top Review by Shannon55
This was SO delicious and easy, too. I've had similiar food in expensive seafood restaurants! I think it would be great in a patti shell, but did not have that. I served it in a real sea shell. Also had fresh asparagus and crusty French bread.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 can mushroom, drained (small)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups light cream
- 2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine or 1⁄2 cup vermouth, dry
- cayenne pepper
- 1 lb white crab meat or 1 lb shrimp
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy saucepot.
- Saute vegetables until soft.
- Blend in flour and add cream.
- Heat until thickened.
- Add cheese and heat until it has melted.
- Add wine, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Fold in crab meat or shrimp.
- Heat gently for 8 to 10 minutes
- Serve with french bread or in patty shells