1 hr 5 mins
This is Smitha Dev's recipe from the Thursday magazine. I hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 medium crab, pieces washed,cleaned,shell discarded and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 6 sprigs fresh curry leaves, washed and torn
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 mashed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder, finely ground
- 1/2 cup coconut (extract thick milk from it)
- 1Heat oil in a pan.
- 2Toss in the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- 3Allow to splutter.
- 4Once they stop spluttering, add the chopped onion.
- 5Stir-fry till it turns light brown in colour.
- 6Stir in the ginger and garlic pastes.
- 7Fry for a few seconds, stirring continuously.
- 8Mix in the mashed tomatoes.
- 9Cook until the mixture is more of a paste.
- 10Stir in all the masalas (spice powders) and cook for a few minutes.
- 11Fold in all the crab pcs.
- 12and mix well.
- 13Cover and cook on a simmer till the crab pcs.
- 14get cooked.
- 15Stir in the coconut milk extract and cook for a few minutes.
- 16Remove from heat.
- 17Serve hot with rice.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Masala
Serving Size: 1 (700 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1039.7
- Calories from Fat 655
- Total Fat 72.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 240.4 mg
- Sodium 1227.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 74.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: