Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a martini that the whole family can enjoy. This is from Paula Deen and needs to be made right before serving.
- 1 lb jumbo crabmeat or 1 lb regular lump crabmeat
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of, grated, plus
- lemon juice, for coating glass rims
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (just enough to hold it together)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 asparagus, stems bottom halves chopped, tops left whole (cooked to your liking)
- seasoning salt
- 4 swiss chard leaves, to serve
- 4 whole olives, for garnish
- 4 lemon slices, for garnish
- water crackers or toast points, to serve
- Just before serving, gently combine the crabmeat with the zest, juice, mayonnaise, mustard, and chopped asparagus stems; add seasoned salt, to taste.
- To serve: spread some seasoned salt onto a plate, rim the martini glasses with lemon juice, and dip them into the salt. Line each glass with a chard leaf and fill with the crab mixture. Garnish each martini with 3 asparagus spears, an olive, and a lemon slice. Serve with water crackers or toast points.
Elegance in a martini glass! Lemony asparagus and crab. Very simple and impressive. And delicious, of course!