This recipe is my mom's....I just added the crab :) Normally I put bacon or sausage in it, but decided on crab this last time since we had some fresh dungeness crab around. It was an experiment with the crab and it turned out really good! I used whole-grain rotini pasta (listed in the recipe), but just about any pasta would do. Also, I like to add sea salt to the water while the pasta is cooking. Adds a little more to the pasta (tip from a friend).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare pasta, set aside.
- 3In skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 4Add onions and saute.
- 5Whisk in flour (will get thick).
- 6Start whisking in milk in small amounts until the sauce has a gravy-like consistency.
- 7Stir in cheese (I used a three-cheese blend) until melted.
- 8Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- 9Add the tomatoes and crab meat.
- 10Add (cooked) pasta to sauce and transfer to a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- 11Bake for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 722.7
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 582.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: