Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw this just recently in Cuisine at Home magazine. Two of my favorite flavors in the world, crab salad and cucumbers! Very tasty and very pretty, and a real company pleaser. I hid 3 away on a lovely dish while I charged up my camera battery, but someone found them. :( Be sure to use the English cucumbers because of their seedless, uniform shape and tender skin. These would also be very good with shrimp. I made them up about 1 hour ahead, tented them with toothpicks and plastic in the fridge, then served them on lettuce leaves. YUM!
- 2 -3 English cucumbers
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grape tomatoes, slices (for garnish)
- fine strips lemon zest (for garnish)
- Peel cucumbers lengthwise to create alternate stripes.
- Trim ends, then cut crosswise into 3/4" pieces.
- With melon baller, scoop flesh from centers to form a cups.
- Combine mayonnaise, cream cheese, ketchup, chili garlic sauce, and Worcestershire in a bowl.
- Fold in crab, bell pepper, chives, and 2 teaspoons minced lemon zest; season with salt and pepper.
- Fill cups to slightly overflowing with crab mixture.
- Garnish each with a tomato slice and a few strands of lemon zest.