Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love Crab Louis and this version from Sunset Favorite Recipes sounds good. Times do not include cooking the crab or eggs.
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml heavy cream, whipped
- 59.14 ml chili sauce
- 59.14 ml green bell pepper, chopped
- lemon juice
- 2 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 large dungeness crabs
- 4 large tomatoes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 59.14 ml green onion, chopped
- Mix together the mayonnaise, whipped cream, chile sauce, green pepper, and green onion.
- Season with salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Arrange outer leaves of lettuce on 4 large plates; shred the heart of the lettuce and arrange a bed of shredded lettuce in the center of the leaves.
- Place the body meat of the crab on the shredded lettuce.
- Cut tomatoes and eggs in sixths and arrange symmetrically around the crab.
- Pour over the Louis dressing and garnish with crab legs.
This is great and will now be my go to Louie/1000 Island dressing. I had good Dungeness to use, but was really hungry so added Oregon Bay shrimp too. I was surprised how important the hard boiled egg was, I wish I used more. Thanks for posting lazyme!!!
i love crab louis and this is great recipe cakepops on parade