Recipe by lazyme
I love Crab Louis and this version from Sunset Favorite Recipes sounds good. Times do not include cooking the crab or eggs.
Top Review by Mrs Goodall
This is great and will now be my go to Louie/1000 Island dressing. I had good Dungeness to use, but was really hungry so added Oregon Bay shrimp too. I was surprised how important the hard boiled egg was, I wish I used more. Thanks for posting lazyme!!!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- lemon juice
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce
- 2 large dungeness crabs
- 4 large tomatoes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the mayonnaise, whipped cream, chile sauce, green pepper, and green onion.
- Season with salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Arrange outer leaves of lettuce on 4 large plates; shred the heart of the lettuce and arrange a bed of shredded lettuce in the center of the leaves.
- Place the body meat of the crab on the shredded lettuce.
- Cut tomatoes and eggs in sixths and arrange symmetrically around the crab.
- Pour over the Louis dressing and garnish with crab legs.