Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe of Crab Louis comes from Legal Seafood. This is not only a delicious way to serve crab, but also a very simple way to serve it. Be sure to squeeze the lemon juice over the avocado to keep it from darkening.
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon horseradish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped (or 1/2 TBSP chopped fresh marjoram)
- 10 ounces mixed romaine lettuce, and
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat (pick over for shells and cartilage)
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- To Make The Dressing:.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, mustard, onion, and parsley.
- Allow to sit for at least 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- For Salad:.
- On a large circular platter, arrange the greens in a circle around the edge, leaving the center open.
- Place the crabmeat in the center.
- Drizzle the dressing over the crabmeat.
- Squeeze lemon juice to taste over the avocado slices and use as a garnish along with the hard boiled eggs.
This is a classic.