Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A little crab goes a long way with this creamy sauce. White wine and lemon juice help to cut the richness of the evapotated milk.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 lb crab
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- In a skillet combine chicken broth and white wine.
- Boil until reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Remove from heat and slowley whisk in half and half and evaporated milk, stirring constantly until blended.
- Return to heat and simmer until the mixture is reduced to 1-1/3 cup.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 teaspoons softened butter and flour, slowly whisk into the milk mixture, Continue stirring until the sauce is thickened and no lumps remain.
- (If sauce is to thick add more half and half or milk.) Add crab, chopped parsley, chopped green onion, salt and lemon juice.
- Reduce heat and cook until crab is heated through.
- Meanwhile, cook linguini according to package directions.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon butter and grated parmesan cheese.
- Pour sauce over the pasta and toss until evenly coated.
Loved the dish. double the sauce and crab used a pound and a half of pasta, but would leave it at a pound next time. I also added garlic salt instead of just regular.
Yummy. This is excellent! It takes abit to put together, but it is worth it! The sauce is flavorful without being overpowering! I added some chopped shrimp to it and think next time maybe soma sauteed mushrooms!
Wife Loves It.