Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious with crab or shrimp.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup 100% agave tequila
- 3 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 12 cooked alaska king crab legs, shells cut lengthwise with kitchen shears just to crack open
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Melt butter with lime juice in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Let simmer 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add tequila. Return pan to medium-low heat and whisk until butter is beginning to simmer; keep warm.
- Bring 3 quarts water and Old Bay seasoning to boil in heavy large roasting pan set over 2 burners. Add crab legs and cover tightly with foil; cook just until heated through, turning crab once, about 4 minutes total.
- Divide crab legs among 6 plates. Divide warm tequila-citrus butter among 6 ramekins. Serve crab with tequila-citrus butter and garnish with lime wedges.
Very nice and easy way to add a touch of flavor to crab legs. Nice flavor but not so much that it overwhelms the great flavor of the crab. Thanks!