Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Something I encountered while experimenting on various recipes of crab. Its tasty.
Make and share this Crab-Indian gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 kg cleaned crab, the outer shell taken out
- 1 sprig curry leaf
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (equal quantities of cardamom, cloves, cinnamon sticks and anise roasted and powdered)
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- cooking oil (could be sunflower seed oil)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Heat oil.
- Add mustard seeds till they begin to crackle.
- Add the curry leaves, onions and ginger garlic paste.
- Saute them until the onions are transparent.
- Do not burn them.
- Add the chilly, coriander and garam masala powders.
- Stir and then add the tomatoes.
- Now add half a cup of water and stir.
- Let it cook for around 5 minutes.
- If the gravy drys up add a little extra water.
- Now add the crabs, some salt and stir.
- Add some water and cook in a low flame.
- Cook for around 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the lid and fry for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with Rice or bread.