Got this from my mom's Crab Cookbook that looked like it was written in the 60's. There are many Crab imperial recipes but this one doesn't include mayo. Very delicious atop fish or shrimp or on sliced and toasted baguette.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Melt butter and add flour, salt, pepper and mustard over medium heat.
- Heat and stir until smooth and bubbly.
- Slowly add half and half and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and add green pepper and worchestershire.
- Fold in crabmeat and pour into 8" x 8" baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.