- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon almonds or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat (Fresh or imitation)
- 1⁄3 cup toasted chopped almonds
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion, celery and garlic in oil.
- Stir in thyme. Blend stewed tomatoes with cornstarch and stir into skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Stir in crabmeat and almonds; heat through. Serve over hot cooked rice or as a filling for favorite omelet.