Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Equally delicious if made with lobster meat instead of crab meat!
Make and share this Crab Imperial recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over to remove any shell and cartilage
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 egg, yolk only
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the crabmeat, scallions, bell pepper, pimento, egg yolk, dry mustard, artichoke hearts, paprika and one-half cup of the mayonnaise.
- Stir until well mixed and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the crabmeat mixture into four one-cup baking dishes; then cover with the remaining mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle Parmesan and breadcrumbs on top and bake in the hot oven for 15 to 20 minutes until heated through.
- Serve immediately.