Recipe by Wineaux
I got this recipe from a friend several years ago, and it has been a lifesaver whenever I have needed an easy but elegant entree. It's not full of stuff that takes away from the taste of the crab!!
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices white bread, cubed and crusts removed
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 -5 dashes pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb crabmeat
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine or butter, mix in flour.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to boil and thickens.
- Add onions, worcestershire sauce and bread cubes and let cool.
- Stir mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt and pepper carefully into the cooled mixture.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 T. butter until lightly brown.
- Add crabmeat very carefully and very carefully combine with sauce mixture.
- Put into shells, sprinkle with paprika and bake at 450 degrees until lightly brown on top, about 10 minutes.