Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Cooking with Paula Deen, May/June 2007. I have not made these, but I wanted to save the recipe online. I guessed on the prep/cook times.
- frying oil
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced thyme
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 sour cream
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped bacon, crumbles
- 1 lb fresh picked crabmeat
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal and the next seven ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, and sour cream.
- Add to the cornmeal mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in onions, bacon, and crab meat.
- Drop by tablespoons into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.