1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
My FIL introduced me to this recipe a few years ago. It is a favorite at family gatherings and the fall/winter holidays. The cornbread needs to be made the night before, crumbled and set out to air-dry overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb andouille sausage, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery & leaves, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's)
- 10 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread, air-dried overnight
- 1 lb crabmeat, picked over
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 -1 1/2 cup turkey broth (as needed) or 1 -1 1/2 cup chicken broth (as needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the sausage and sauté/stir for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3Transfer sausage to a paper-towel lined plate and keep drippings in skillet.
- 4Add the onion, scallion, celery, red pepper, and garlic to the skillet.
- 5Sauté/stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the onion is softened.
- 6Add in the Worcestershire sauce and Cajun seasoning; stir to combine.
- 7Transfer the cooked vegetables to a large mixing bowl.
- 8Add in the cornbread, cooked andouille, crabmeat, and parsley; stir to combine.
- 9Gradually stir in eggs and approximately 1 cup of broth until the stuffing is evenly moist but not soggy.
- 10Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Transfer stuffing mixture to a lightly buttered casserole dish; drizzle with 1/2 cup broth, cover with foil and bake in a 350°F oven for about 30 minutes (for a crustier top, uncover after 15 minutes and continue baking).
Browse Our Top Gumbo Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Gumbo Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (1957 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.3
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 907.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: