Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very simple but delicious dish served at one of oldest Italian idenpendent restaurants in Madison, Wisconsin. Serve with bread and wine or beer.
- 2 cups imitation crabmeat, flake style
- 1⁄2 lb butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- Prepare fettuccine per instructions on package.
- Melt butter and addgarlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes (optional), mix and blend well.
- In a medium sauce pan add crab meat and butter mixture. Heat until see the butter starting to "bubble".
- Remove from heat and toss with fettuccine.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve with bread salad and beverage.
Very good. Used 3/4 amount of butter. Will make again but reduce the butter by half and increase the garlic. May add a splash of dry white wine too. Thanks for posting!
Surprisingly good. Used 1/2 amount of butter. Will make again and add olives.
Great easy recipe. I used half the butter, added more parmesan cheese and some chicken broth for a thinner butter sauce. I also added some sliced black olives and mushrooms. It was really yummy!