Yet another way to make use of those big blue crabs we are catching. 1 crab gave us 1 cup of beautiful meat for this.I can't do what I suggest in the last step as I don't have a griller (broiler) so I finished it with the lid on for a couple of minutes to set the top. That worked fine and would be good for camping. Just cook the onion and potato slower and longer if you can't access a microwave.
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 5 drops Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large potato, cut into tiny dice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup diced red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1 cup crabmeat, fresh frozen, canned
- Mix the eggs, cream, lemon rind, tabasco, salt and pepper together. Set aside.
- Microwave onion and potato about 3 minutes (to speed up cooking).
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat and brown potato and onion and cook them through.
- Add the capsicum and cook a few minutes more.
- Pour over the egg mix and scatter the crab across the top.
- Cook gently for about 5 minutes or until almost set through, then place under a griller (broiler) to brown the top. Serve at once.