1/4 Photos of Crab Frittata
Yet another way to make use of those big blue crabs we are catching. 1 crab gave us 1 cup of beautiful meat for this.I can't do what I suggest in the last step as I don't have a griller (broiler) so I finished it with the lid on for a couple of minutes to set the top. That worked fine and would be good for camping. Just cook the onion and potato slower and longer if you can't access a microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 5 drops Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large potato, cut into tiny dice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup diced red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1 cup crabmeat, fresh frozen, canned
- 1Mix the eggs, cream, lemon rind, tabasco, salt and pepper together. Set aside.
- 2Microwave onion and potato about 3 minutes (to speed up cooking).
- 3Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat and brown potato and onion and cook them through.
- 4Add the capsicum and cook a few minutes more.
- 5Pour over the egg mix and scatter the crab across the top.
- 6Cook gently for about 5 minutes or until almost set through, then place under a griller (broiler) to brown the top. Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.0
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 531.5 mg
- Sodium 342.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: