Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Excellent fragrant dish. Beautiful with my prawn and mussel curry. I've only ever made it with the white meat from a freshly cooked crab, but it might be OK with tinned white meat. Garnish with sliced cucumber and lime slices to serve, if desired.
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 lb cooked white crab meat
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Cook and stir the onions and garlic in the hot oil until tender. Mix in the rice, sugar, and salt, and cook for 5 minutes, until well blended.
- Stir in the egg until the rice is coated. Increase heat to high, and mix in the crab meat, green onions, and coriander.
- Continue cooking 2 to 5 minutes, until the crab is heated through.