Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
An elegant little dish, much like a mini-quiche. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 cup medium white sauce (Magic White Sauce (and Variations) or your own recipe)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups crabmeat, flaked
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 300F and butter timbale forms or custard cups.
- Beat egg yolks.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Add paprika and crab to hot white sauce; cook for a few minutes; cool.
- Fold in beaten egg yolks and whipped cream; fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour into prepared containers; set containers in hot water in a shallow pan.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.