Recipe by Christine G.
I found this recipe in a BH&G Holiday Appetizer publication and I think the taste is restaurant quality. Easy to make too!
- 1 (6 ounce) package crabmeat
- 24 large fresh mushrooms (1-1/2 to 2-inch diam.)
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 3 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw frozen crabmeat and drain, drain canned crabmeat,if using crab flavored fish, flake or chop.
- Remove stems from the mushrooms; discard stems.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry bread crumbs, sour cream, melted margarine or butter, green onion, sherry, mustard and hot pepper sauce. Fold in crabmeat. Fill mushrooms with crab mixture. Place filled mushrooms in a 15 x 10 x 1" baking pan sprayed with Pam or pour a little melted butter in bottom of pan. Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- To serve: Bake mushrooms in a 425 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till heated through.