Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Southern Living Magazine. I have used fresh Blue Crab meat.
Make and share this Crab Fettuccine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 9 ounces fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Drain crabmeat, remove any bits of shell.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add pressed garlic and sauté until tender. Stir in half and half, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Add crabmeat, hot cooked pasta, Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and pepper, tossing gently.
- Serve immediately.
I did some deviations and alterations, like halving the butter amount, adding a bit of olive oil. Sauteed a red chili with the garlic to give a bit of kick. Used thickened cream instead of half and half (not available in Australia). Supplemented crab meat with some scallops I had on hand. Added some lemon juice, and Murray River pink river salt for flavor. Topped up with chopped garlic chives because I had no parsley. Delicious and makes for a substantial lunch or dinner without being too heavy on the digestive system.
Definatley a keeper!!! I cut the recipe in half for DH and I and we licked the platter clean. Followed the instructions (which was simple and direct). Going into my Favorites of 2012 because I know I will be making this again. Served with a green salad and we had a wonderful dinner. Thank you for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
What a great dish! This was easy to make and very tasty. Ingredients were followed almost to the letter - one exception was that I didn't have any shredded parmesan so instead, I used the same amount of provel rope cheese (which is my favorite cheese). It tasted great. Great as left overs also. Perfect served warm but even good cold! Thanks! Made of PAC 2008.