Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Southern Living Magazine. I have used fresh Blue Crab meat.
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 9 ounces fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Drain crabmeat, remove any bits of shell.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add pressed garlic and sauté until tender. Stir in half and half, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Add crabmeat, hot cooked pasta, Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and pepper, tossing gently.
- Serve immediately.
WE, as nobility, made an executive decision to alter this fine recipe to be even better. We doubled the butter amount, we doubled the parsley, used a whole head of garlic, added a splash more of half and half, and then dumped a whole bag of imitation crab into the skillet, while eating chunks of said imitation crab. Stir, mix, devour. Also, a correction, it only makes TWO servings. So long as you are no pussy. Thank you. -Sasha and Shoshanna
I did some deviations and alterations, like halving the butter amount, adding a bit of olive oil. Sauteed a red chili with the garlic to give a bit of kick. Used thickened cream instead of half and half (not available in Australia). Supplemented crab meat with some scallops I had on hand. Added some lemon juice, and Murray River pink river salt for flavor. Topped up with chopped garlic chives because I had no parsley. Delicious and makes for a substantial lunch or dinner without being too heavy on the digestive system.
Definatley a keeper!!! I cut the recipe in half for DH and I and we licked the platter clean. Followed the instructions (which was simple and direct). Going into my Favorites of 2012 because I know I will be making this again. Served with a green salad and we had a wonderful dinner. Thank you for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2012.