Recipe by PaulaG
Lump crabmeat in a rich white sauce. Yum! An elegant dinner is ready in 30 minutes
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this last night for dinner for DH and I. Used Recipe#14372#14372 as you suggested for the Emeril's Essence and followed the directions completely. DH said please make again! It was a delicious and easy dish but made for an elegant dinner. Served with a green salad and a glass of wine. Will make this again. Thank you for a wonderful recipe.
- 1 cup lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence (Receipe #14372)
- 4 ounces linguine, cooked
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, over medium heat melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add garlic and green onion, cook until onion and garlic are lightly cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and salt, stir to blend.
- Lightly brown the flour, add chicken broth, half-and-half, parsley and creme fraiche.
- Stir in Emeril's Essense and crab, stir to blend.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer, stirring frequently until crab is thoroughly warmed and sauce thickened.
- Serve sauce over cooked fetuccine and grate Parmesan Reggiano cheese over all.
- Serve immediately.