Recipe by Hippie2MARS
With no plans for dinner and a package of surimi in my fridge that needed to be used up, I made this up using the ingredients I had on hand. It turned out pretty tasty! It think I'll scramble the rest of the filling with some eggs for breakfast burritos tomorrow. Next time I make it, I'll make sure I have some cilantro on hand to use in place of the basil, and I'll definitely add avocado!
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces surimi, separated into pieces
- 1⁄2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced basil
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mrs. dash southwest chipotle seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 pepper
- 8 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salsa, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, spices, surimi, shredded cheese and vegetables until well combined.
- Spread one tortilla with 1/4 c cream cheese mixture, and top with another tortilla.
- Melt the butter in a flat pan (I used a grill pan with a panini press), and carefully place the quesadilla in the pan.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt, but before the bottom gets too brown.
- Flip and cook the other side until browned also.
- Remove to a cutting board, cut into quarters (or eighths) with a pizza wheel.
- Arrange on serving dish, with salsa for dipping.