Recipe by CJAY
After searching several other recipes and trying some, this is my version. You can use part shrimp in this with equal success.
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
A very child-friendly, pleasant, but bland dish! For my tastes, it lacked pizazz! I will try it again; most likely adding a little garlic, and a pinch of red pepper flakes ~ Made for My3Chefs 2012.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces crab, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 corn tortillas, taco size
- 1 cup milk
- 1 dash of fresh grated nutmeg
- white pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl stir together soup, onion, nutmeg and white pepper.
- In another bowl, place half of the soup mixture, crab, and 1 cup of the cheese, set aside.
- Wrap the tortillas in paper towels and microwave for 30-60 seconds (until soft and slightly warm). Use fresh tortillas for best results.
- Place 1/3 cup of the mixture on each tortilla and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a greased 11 x 7 ich baking dish.
- Stir milk into the reserved soup mixture, pour over the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is slightly bubbly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.