Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
We like using a variety of dressings when baking fish - this is one of our favorites. Choose your fish - make the dressing - stuff - bake and enjoy. We usually use salmon.
- 1 medium fish (your choice, our favorite is salmon)
- 2 cups cubed bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup crabmeat
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (may add a dash of cayenne if desired)
- In large pan melt butter and lightly saute the chopped celery,onion and green pepper.
- In large bowl mix remaining listed ingredients - add the sauteed vegetables mixing ingredients together.
- If desired salt, pepper and seasoning of choice inside and outside of the fish - place on foil.
- Stuff, cover with foil and seal edges - I like to double wrap.
- Bake 45 - 60 minutes in 400 oven.( I use a touch less oven heat).
This was excellent!! I served it with salmon but I just bought salmon fillets and topped them with this dressing. I cooked the salmon skin side down in a fry pan and then pressed the dressing on top and finished in the oven, oobviously less cooking time than stated as I was not coking a whole fish. I will look forward to trying it that way next time. Everyone loved it and it made for a very elegant meal, served with asparagus and hollandaise sauce. A truly super dish and one we will be enjoying often I am sure. Cheers Gerry for another super yummy recipe, That got great reviews from all my dinner guests.