Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
I was given this recipe by a good friend many years ago. They tried serving it with many types of crackers but Sociable Crackers was their choice and mine. A must when asked to bring an appetizer. I've also doubled the recipe and baked in a hollowed out round loaf of bread. Delicious and simple.
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 medium onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon horseradish, in a jar
- 4 -5 drops hot sauce
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a small deep baking dish - good for dipping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Until bubbling.
- Serve hot with Sociable Crackers - Enjoy!
Quick, easy, and a crowd pleaser. I followed the directions to a T, except I forgot to add the hot sauce. Since I don't like things spicy, I didn't miss it. But maybe next time I'll try it. And perhaps it would be good with a crumb topping?