Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This crab casserole is a Frankenstein creation from several different recipes from both Allrecipes.com and Recipezaar. I hope you like it as much as we do.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups imitation crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 onion, minced
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 2-quart, glass baking dish.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Remove from heat and whisk in flour. Pour in 1/2 cup of heavy cream and whisk until smooth, return to heat.
- Add cheese and stir until creamy. Remove from heat and whisk in remaining cream. Stir in wine, paprika, crabmeat, and spinach. Season with garlic, salt, rosemary, and thyme. Mix in the onion and mushrooms.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Top with bread crumbs. Drizzle 1 tablespoon melted butter over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until top is browned and bubbly.