Recipe by Just Cher
Another great appetizer that combines the flavor of crab & bacon. Yum Prep time includes the 30 minute chill time
Top Review by GinnyP
I first envisioned these as being round. I made them twice and the second time, I used a heaping tablespoon full of crab for each and rolled it compactly into little 'logs'. Then put the bacon (thinly sliced bacon) around the middle. I put them seam side down on the baking sheet for the first round in the oven and didn't need toothpicks. The other thing I learned after the first time, was to use a sherry that you like....not something labeled 'cooking sherry' or something else. It can make or break the recipe. The second time, for me, it made it. I used the pretty cocktail picks to spear them after they were finished cooking for decoration and function (to pick them up). Thanks Cher! We just picked up more crab to do it again! :)
- 12 ounces crabmeat, fresh or canned
- 1⁄3 cup fine soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 10 slices bacon, cut into thirds
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove any shell or cartilage from crab meat and chop into small pieces.
- Combine all ingredients except bacon, mix thoroughly.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Portion crab mixture with a tablespoon, shape into small rolls.
- Wrap bacon around crab rolls.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Broil about 4 inches from heating element 6-7 minutes or until bacon is crisp Turn carefully, broil 4-5 minutes longer until bacon is crisp.