Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This is a wonderful, elegant appetizer that is also relatively low-calorie. It makes a nice light but filling beginning to a special occasion.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these to include on my munchies buffet this evening! I doubled the recipe, making one batch with Italian bread & the other batch with a whole grain bread! I like the latter one more, but my other half went for the light bread, but both of us agree, that however it's done, this crostini is wonderful & tasty! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 -5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 ounces Italian bread, cut into 16 slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Line broiler pan with foil.
- Pick over crabmeat to remove any cartilage.
- In a medium bowl, combine crabmeat, red pepper, mayonnaise, parsley, chives, lime juice, mustard, Parmesan cheese, and hot pepper sauce. Blend well.
- Spread 1 T. of the crabmeat mixture on each slice of bread.
- Place the crostini on the broiler pan and broil about 4 inches from theat for 5-6 minutes, until lightly browned.