Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
Small portions would make a very nice appetizer. This recipe is a terrific way to really stretch your crab dollar. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 2 cups crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon onion juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup thick white sauce (Super Tasty White Sauce or your own recipe)
- 1 egg, beaten
- cracker crumb
- parsley, for garnish
- oil or fat (for frying)
- Minc crab meat, mix well with seasonings , add to white sauce and chill thoroughly.
- Preheat oil or fat to 375°F.
- Mold batter into balls, roll in cracker crumbs, dip in egg, and cracker crumbs again.
- Fry about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- The first croquettes fried may be kept warm in the oven until ready to serve.