Recipe by Iron Chef Michiba
Very light. Can use canned crab I guess. Try to find the white yam, can find in a Asian store
- 1 cup fresh crabmeat
- 1 yam
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 egg, for dipping
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (Bread crumbs)
For Tartar Sauce
- 180 ml mayonnaise
- 20 g onions, cut finely
- 20 g celery, cut finely
- 20 g pickles, cut finely
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 10 g capers, chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, yellow and white part seperated then chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel yam, steam it, and mash it the best you can, or strain in through a speical japanese mesh strainer.
- Mix yam and crab, make into a ball, put the balls in the flour, and dunk in egg, then Panko.
- Fry at 320 until golden brown.
- Don't overcook.
- Mix all ingredents for tartar sauce.