Recipe by Toby Jermain
This is based on another of my sister's recipes. It has to be quick and easy, or it wouldn't be in her collection.
- 12 cooked crepes (use your favorite recipe)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, sliced or coarsely chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon msg (Accent) (optional)
- 2 (6 ounce) packages frozen crabmeat, thawed,drained,picked over for shell and cartilage pieces,and shredded
- 1 cup drained sour cream, about
- white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup sour cream, seasoned to taste with
- salt, and
- white pepper, and stirred until smooth,for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute green onions, garlic, and water chestnuts in butter until onions are soft.
- Add MSG, if using, and crabmeat.
- Stir in wine, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add sour cream by spoonfuls until desired consistency is reached.
- Simmer over low heat until hot, but do not allow to boil.
- Place about 1/3 cup of filling on each crepe, roll up, and place on broiler pan.
- Broil until lightly browned around the edges.
- Serve with sour cream topping.