Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Crab Crepes from an "old" family friend. Delicious !!!
Make and share this Crab Crepes recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter, add shallots and saute until yellow.
- Add flour and cook until bubbly, add half and half.
- cook until thick and smooth.
- Add crabmeat, mushrooms and sherry to half of the sauce.
- Spoon part of the crabmeat mixture into each crepe.
- (roll up each crepe) Place in buttered shallow casserole.
- Cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese and slivered almonds.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This recipe was okay. I used Alton Brown's crepe recipe (it's my default) and I followed the crab recipe as written, except I did not have gouda cheese, so I substituted swiss. I found it to be rather bland. It needs something extra to give it some umph and to tie in all the flavors. I won't be making it again.
Yum! These were great and super easy! I made my favorite crepe recipe. Fresh Dungeness crab (the BEST crab!) on sale for $4.99 lb. Was a wonderful dinner and I will make it again for sure. Thank you for sharing, Gail. :)
Great crab crepes. I used FF evaporated milk in place of the half-and half. Used swiss, had no gruyere, and added some tarragon. Served this on wheat crepes.