Recipe by gail coburn
Crab Crepes from an "old" family friend. Delicious !!!
Top Review by sparkledsneakers
This recipe was okay. I used Alton Brown's crepe recipe (it's my default) and I followed the crab recipe as written, except I did not have gouda cheese, so I substituted swiss. I found it to be rather bland. It needs something extra to give it some umph and to tie in all the flavors. I won't be making it again.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced onions or 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 can sliced mushroom
- 16 crepes
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, add shallots and saute until yellow.
- Add flour and cook until bubbly, add half and half.
- cook until thick and smooth.
- Add crabmeat, mushrooms and sherry to half of the sauce.
- Spoon part of the crabmeat mixture into each crepe.
- (roll up each crepe) Place in buttered shallow casserole.
- Cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese and slivered almonds.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.