Recipe by Manami
Found this on lanierbb.com when I was looking at some Bed & Breakfast's for a friend. You can add your favorite herbs and seasonings to make it your own. Update - 12/25/08 - please leave it in a little longer(about 55-60 minutes - while watching it) and make sure your items are all at room. Ina Garten said on one program that the items such as cream cheese, butter, eggs, should be left out overnight. I doubt whether I would leave the butter out but the rest would be OK.;)
- 8 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk or 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 8 ounces crab
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 3 -4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend eggs, milk, butter, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, dill weed, crab, hot sauce(if adding) and cream cheese.
- Spray 9x9" glass baklng dish with cooking spray.
- Pour in the crab and cream cheese.
- Bake at 350ºF for 40-45 minutes 'till set.
- Serve with 3-4 strips of crumbled cooked bacon, as garnish.