Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Savory bites made in a mini-muffin tin. Basically corn muffins with imitation crab and some veggies added. Very easy and great for potlucks/office parties.
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, chopped into small pieces
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) pacakge corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup minced celery
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- Mix together all of the puffs ingredients.
- Generously grease a mini-muffin tin. Fill each muffin cup with approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from muffin tin and cool.
These were really too sweet for words. The crab and vegetables were a lovely idea but i think that corn muffin mix just has too much sugar for such a savory application. Sorry about the low rating but out of the five people at the office who tried them only one said they would have a second and there was much more talk about the (store-bought) spinach/artichoke dip that i brought to provide counterpoint. Maybe next time I'll use homemade cornbread batter and include your innovations.