Recipe by mailbelle
Savory bites made in a mini-muffin tin. Basically corn muffins with imitation crab and some veggies added. Very easy and great for potlucks/office parties.
Top Review by Zenserotonin
These were really too sweet for words. The crab and vegetables were a lovely idea but i think that corn muffin mix just has too much sugar for such a savory application. Sorry about the low rating but out of the five people at the office who tried them only one said they would have a second and there was much more talk about the (store-bought) spinach/artichoke dip that i brought to provide counterpoint. Maybe next time I'll use homemade cornbread batter and include your innovations.
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, chopped into small pieces
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) pacakge corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup minced celery
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all of the puffs ingredients.
- Generously grease a mini-muffin tin. Fill each muffin cup with approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from muffin tin and cool.